Collaboration with total installer Spindler
A parking garage is increasingly often directly equipped with a collective installation for charging electric cars. This is also happening at the Caland Dock project, on the Calandkade in The Hague. This Stebru project consists of 5 buildings with 550 homes and commercial spaces, which were completed at the beginning of this year. In addition, a parking garage has already been equipped with the Qcharge total concept for electric charging, with the charging infrastructure and charging points.
Spindler is the installer for this extensive Stebru project. As a “total installer” they provide all electrical and mechanical activities for the Caland Dock. John Koemans, electrical engineering project manager at Spindler, explains. “I became aware of Qcharge at the end of 2019. I visited the seminar that Eleqtron gave about this in Het Kasteel near Sparta Rotterdam. What struck me is that you can connect a relatively large number of charging points in a building with limited available power. So smart charging. The installation is quite simple and you can make it future-proof immediately. These are important advantages for us. “
The Caland Dock project is one of the first projects with Qcharge for Spindler. John Koemans: “We have been working in housing construction for a long time, that is not new. So now we also see that a collective system for charging electric cars is increasingly being used. The choice for Qcharge has worked out well here. Charging is hassle-free. I don’t hear about potential problems. “
The Spindler engineers have also become acquainted with Qcharge. “They found it easy to assemble. Moreover, the flat cable can only be connected to the power supply and the junction boxes in one way, so that cannot be wrong. We could also easily lay the cable around the corner of a concrete column. “
In full use
Qcharge is now in full use. “After installation, Eleqtron takes care of the adjustment in the ZAPTEC cloud portal. So we don’t have any work on that and that is going well. “Meanwhile, there are plenty of installation projects for Spindler. “We also intend to work with Qcharge there. After all, we really enjoyed it. “
Qcharge total concept
With the Qcharge total concept, Eleqtron is taking the next step in charging electric vehicles (EV): the advantages of dynamic charging in combination with a flat band installation, a very flexible form of energy distribution.
Benefits Qcharge total concept:
- Lower total costs per parking space.
- One type of charging point suitable for all cars.
- Charge up to 3x more electric cars compared to traditional solutions.
- Flexible expanding to (theoretical) 100 EV chargers on one 63A group.
- Smart solution: automatic distribution of available power over several charging stations.
- In all circumstances, together with other residents, an optimally charged battery.
- The layout of parking spaces can remain unchanged.
- Automatic settlement of charging costs within the VvE, with E-Flux.
- Electrical protections built into the charging point (or charging station).
- Handy and free cloud platform for the administrator (including free updates).
- 5 year product warranty.
- Support with support and maintenance.
For the Qcharge concept in the Netherlands, Eleqtron represents the manufacturer Zaptec from Norway, an innovative manufacturer in charging technology for electric vehicles. With Qcharge, Eleqtron applies its prefab Qneqt flat ribbon cable from Swiss manufacturer Woertz.
If you would like more information, please contact us